This course will give you tools to successfully approach journalists and build a relationship with them. It teaches you how to use the principles of constructive journalism, by focusing on solutions, experimenting with different perspectives, and asking better questions.
By cooperating with journalists, you can expand the reach of your message and speak to new audiences. By using a constructive approach, both journalists and citizen initiatives can contribute to a better public understanding about relevant global issues.
What can you expect?
The course consists of four modules that can be followed independently:
These modules will teach you to connect with media workers and to tell your story in a constructive manner.
Knowledge and skills
At the end of the course, you will know:
- How journalists work and what is important to them
- How to pitch your story and write a press-release
- The key principles of constructive journalism
- How to ask better questions
- How to write your stories in a constructive manner