This course teaches you how to build a better narrative about the Global South that engages your audience and gives people from the South a voice. A frames and values-approach is used to help you to gain insight in what is important to you and how to use words and images to create a powerful message.
When you change the narrative, you help to end dispirited and stereotypical perceptions about the Global South. It increases your chances to engage your audience in a more positive and hopeful manner.
What can you expect?
The course consists of five modules that can be followed independently.
1. The power of frames
2. Five global poverty frames
3. Find your values
4. Give a voice to the South
5. Reframe your message
Together, these modules will teach you how to use a framing approach to develop better and more engaging communications, for example on your website, social media, articles and newsletters.
Knowledge and skills
At the end of the course you will:
• Understand the concepts of frames and values
• Know the five most-used frames in communications of the Global South
• Be able to consciously choose and use frames to convey your message
• Know how to reframe your story with a positive vibe and an emphasis on local change